A Qatar Guide for Tourists and Residents
 
Home   Qatar   Doha   Contact   Qatar Jobs   Qatar Map   Request

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Death and Bereavement in Qatar


I hope our latest article, Death and Bereavement in Qatar, is one that you will not need to use. Death in the family or of friends is horrible at the worst of times, and is only exacerbated by being far from home - and by the nightmarish bureaucracy involved. In fact, as I wrote this piece (or rather typed - virtually all the information was provided by the British Embassy) I couldn't help wondering if one day someone from my family or friends following the instructions for myself. In the event that you do have to deal with the traumatic event of a death, we hope that the detailed information provided by the British Embassy will be of use to you. 

Note for cultural notes and information on how to behave at a wake in Qatar see Qatar Funerals



Tags