A Qatar Guide for Tourists and Residents
 
Home   Qatar   Doha   Contact   Qatar Jobs   Qatar Map   Request

Friday, May 22, 2009

Qtel: Pluses and Minuses

Here are two things I dislike about Qtel and one thing I like about them.

1. Spamming my phone. Why do they get to send me text messages selling me things? On the net that is called spamming. I don't get the chance to opt in or opt out of it?

2. Credit alerts. I like knowing I am running out of credit. But why do they have to tell me just as I am making an urgent call to the ambulance to come and save a man's life who has just lost his leg? And then, when I still have four riyals left in my phone, do they have to cut me off afterwards so I have to redial the number. (The ambulance said if they had got there 30 seconds earlier they could have saved the man's life. (Actually I just made all that up about the ambulance. (And yes, I'm sure 999 is toll free.)))

And one good thing - despite having control of the net in a country where internet censorship is allowed, and depite numerous rants about Qtel, they have never censored me!

You're not all bad. (I'm still switching to Vodafone, though!)

AddThis Social Bookmark Button