A Qatar Guide for Tourists and Residents
 
Home   Qatar   Doha   Contact   Qatar Jobs   Qatar Map   Request

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Qatar Life Insurance

My life insurance in the UK ran out last year, and it proved a nightmare to try and renew.

What I wanted was a company in the UK to continue the insurance policy, but having lived several years out of the UK that didn't prove easy.

I investigated a couple of options in Qatar. However, I found that either the amount paid out was unsatisfactory, or that there were aspects of the terms and conditions which made me uncomfortable.

Eventually, I ended up in the ridiculous position of getting my uncle in the UK (a financial advisor himself) to find me a company which could provide life insurance.

I was fortunate that at the time I was looking for life insurance things in Qatar were changing.

Cowboy companies were being kicked out (I hear at least one went to Dubai!) and the Qatar Financial Centre was inviting quality firms to set up in the country.

After having problems finding a decent company ourselves, we are delighted to announce that one of these companies, Nexus, has taken an advertisement out with us.

As part of the deal, they have agreed to provide a monthly article on finance for expats - with a particular focus on Qatar.

You can read the first article here: Life Insurance in Qatar!

We hope you find it useful - and that if you are looking for life insurance you find the whole thing less of a maze than we did!

Like this post? Sign up for the Qatar Visitor Newsletter.