A Qatar Guide for Tourists and Residents
 
Home   Qatar   Doha   Contact   Qatar Jobs   Qatar Map   Request

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Thai Snack Set to Shut?


Rumours are spreading round Facebook that Thai Snack is set to shut.

The event may seem unimportant on a country level, but this is a small country and there is a tremendous amount of affection (or should I say drooling) for the restaurant's products.

In fact, I sometimes wonder if the establishment, which many consider to be the best Thai restaurant in the country, although it is a fraction the price of some other Thai restaurants, doesn't slip some addictive substance into its food.

My wife just has to mention Thai Snack (which she does on a regular basis) and saliva starts to generate in my mouth.

I have yet to meet anyone who doesn't like the place.

Anyway, rumours, which have been grumbling round the city for a year, have again surfaced that the family who run the restaurant are to leave the country.

I sometimes wonder if they don't start the rumours themselves to boost business. Although they hardly need to - the place is almost always packed.

Anyway, I'm not taking any chances - I'm off to get my fill of good Thai food while I still can.
Check out our review of Thai Snack.

Like this post? Sign up for the Qatar Visitor Newsletter.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button